Critical embedded computing systems.Those are dependable, supportable, configurable, reliable, serviceable, and upgrade-able systems. Critical embedded computing system designers worldwide face significant design challenges, summarized in the abbreviation SWAP-C for size weight and power, C is added for the cost, those challenges come from the need for reliability for operation at harsh ambient, mission critical, long product life-cycles to manage, demanding performance, system inter-operability, data and system security, and time-to-market. Systems should operate flawlessly, co-operate seamlessly, to protect life, and property.
Such systems rely on the durable products of cutting-edge technologies. New projects are leveraging advancements in:
- State-of-the-art semiconductor such as multi-core embedded processors, GPUs, and Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGAs).
- Serial switch fabric interconnects new standards that include Gigabit Ethernet, PCI Express, and serial RapidIO technologies, making best use of low latency high throughput capturing the benefits of performance and life cycle advantages.
- Modular COTS components. Along with our carefully selected partners, we can deliver a tailored solution based on our customers’ design criteria with a lower cost of entry, long lifecycle and maintenance support.
- latest open standards architectures such as VPX, OpenVPX, XMC, PCIe/104 and COMe, as well as mature standards such as VME, CPCI, and PCI.
Using this approach to your critical embedded demands would ensure a higher level of inter-operability based on tested technology. Such systems are used in solutions for wide range of applications in the:
- Aerospace & Defense industries, such as high performance data acquisition, Navigational guidance systems, Command Control Communication Computing Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance, Radar SIGINT, and EW, mission-critical data recorders & computing systems, video capture and streaming, and Maintenance support systems.
- scientific research such as big physics.
- Power and Energy.
- Communication industries.
Our partners are:
Pentek designs embedded computer boards and recording systems for DSP, software radio and data acquisition. Products feature high-speed digital and analog interfaces and FPGAs in AMC, XMC, FMC, PMC, cPCI, PCIe, and VPX suitable for both COTS commercial and rugged environments. Read more:
Concurrent Technologies has, since its establishment in 1985, developed a wide range of computer products based on Intel® processor technology, for use in critical embedded applications. The Company’s excellent reputation testifies to the very best levels of co-operation and product quality enjoyed by its customers worldwide. Read more:
EIZO Rugged Solutions, Inc. was established in 1987 under its original name, Tech Source, Inc. Since then, EIZO Rugged Solutions has been a pioneer in high performance computer graphics hardware solutions for niche markets. With a strong engineering team, the company has evolved over the years, now serving commercial, defense and other rugged markets that include Air Traffic Control/Management (ATC/ATM), avionics, military and embedded systems with several COTS (commercial off-the-shelf) and tailored (custom) products. The product range includes graphics, imaging and video capture boards, H.264 encoders and high compression video recorders. Read more:
Hartmann Electronic is THE Expert in backplane technology. For over 45 years, Hartmann Electronic’s team of experts have demonstrated expertise in creating sophisticated solutions for the most demanding applications. As an active member of both PICMG and VITA, our backplanes meet and/or exceed all relevant specifications. Hartmann develops innovative, practical solutions for a variety of bus technologies, including: AdvancedTCA, ECB-Bus, PCI, PISA, VXI, µTCA, AMS-Bus, Industrial PCI, VME/64, VME64x, CompactPCI, ISA, SMP-Bus, VPX, CompactPCI-Express, ISA / AT 96, Standard-Bus I:I, Open VPX, CompactPCI PlusIO/Serial, Multibus II, StarFabric Boards, VXS. Read more:
Avionics Interface Technologies